Work for us
Senior Service Designer
NHS AfC: Band 7
- Senior Service Designer
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time
- Flexible working
- Ridgway House in Bolton (Greater Manchester) or Stella House in Newcastle
- Bolton (Greater Manchester) or Newcastle
- £38,890 - £44,503 per annum
- Today at 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Service Designer.
The NHSBSA Digital function develops, support and operate systems in support of NHSBSA operations. Business critical back-office and internet deployed digital applications are provided to support NHSBSA business streams. These systems currently support internal users and external users.
As a Senior Service Designer, you will support the wider design team, which includes Interaction (UI) and User experience (UX). You will have a working knowledge of practicing user centred design within the government, and will be responsible for managing and supporting a range of activities required in the NHSBSA’s journey to become a multi-sourcing digital business. We are modernising and transforming the business in line with this journey, putting the user at the heart of everything we do and this includes the delivery of business solutions using agile methods in a continuous delivery environment.
You will be an active member of the Digital department based at either Ridgway House, Bolton (Greater Manchester) or Stella House, Newcastle with occasional travel to other locations.
As part of the role you will:
- Analyse failure within services and identify root causes for that failure
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement within an existing service
- Understand user needs and identify where separate interactions with government should act as one service that meet that need
- Arrange these separate interactions into rational user journeys within that service
- Look for commonalities in activities across services where products could be made
- Understand the existing supporting system of a service and design targeted improvements to that system to accommodate the new service - both digital and process based
- Create and rapidly iterate service prototypes
- Identify and design new service patterns and standards.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information or an informal discussion, please email: