Work for us
NHS AfC: Band 6
- Human Resources
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Unit 5 Greenfinch Way, Newcastle
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum
- 21/04/2021 23:59
We’re the NHS Business Services Authority. We provide critical central services to NHS organisations, NHS contractors, patients and the public. Have you had a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)? Perhaps you’ve had an Exemption Certificate or have a Pre-payment Certificate to spread the cost of your prescriptions? We issue those. Maybe you’re a member of the NHS Pension Scheme? We administer the scheme on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care. Ever applied for a vacancy on NHS Jobs? That’s one of our services too.
We’re doing exciting things in a complex and challenging landscape so come and join us.
Come and work for us and you’ll receive a benefits package that rewards your hard work and commitment, including a minimum of 27 days annual leave per year which increases with length of service plus Bank Holidays and the option to purchase additional leave, time off for volunteering, flexible working options, a generous Pension Scheme, access to loads of online and high street discounts including holidays, computers, insurance, mobile phones and meals out, and perhaps most importantly – a work/life balance.
HR Shared Services support NHS organisations in the delivery of their strategic people objectives and operational delivery plans to ensure that world class products and services are delivered to patients. Our NHS customers are leading the fight against COVID 19 and we are privileged to support them in the delivery of their people agenda.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and commercially aware HR professional to join our team as a HR Advisor.
The HR Advisor is responsible for the provision of a quality HR service that is focused on supporting our customers to achieve outcomes in line with their vision, purpose, priorities and objectives. This is a customer facing role so a commercial and customer focused approach is essential.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice on the practical application of people policies and procedures
- Partnering line managers on a range of complex people related issues in line with Agenda for Change and current employment legislation
- Supporting managers in the case management of a range of complex issues including matters relating to disciplinary, grievance, performance, attendance management, bullying and harassment etc
- Partnering managers in the design and delivery of change programs including changes to terms and conditions of employment, business reorganisation and TUPE
- Support in the development of products and services which meet customer requirements
- Lead on the delivery of customer engagement initiatives and promote products and services to existing and new customers
To be successful in this role you will:
- Understand the complexity and challenge of an external customer facing role
- Be confident in the provision of advice and be able to influence and persuade stakeholders
- Call upon resilience and determination to drive results
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of NHS terms and conditions
- Have a strong commercial awareness and be able to identify opportunities to add value to the benefit of customers
- Demonstrate excellent relationship management and communication skills
- Show a strong commitment to continuous improvement or service development
- Be confident in presenting to large groups in a commercial environment
We are working remotely currently.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity please contact:
HR Shared Services Advisory Manager
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Lisa Barclay
- Job title
- HR Advisory Manager
- Email address
- Additional information