Work for us
Quality & Information Analyst
NHS AfC: Band 6
- Quality & Information Analyst
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Stella House
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum
- 07/03/2021 23:59
We’re the NHS Business Services Authority. We provide critical central services to NHS organisations, NHS contractors, patients and the public. Have you had a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)? Perhaps you’ve had an Exemption Certificate or have a Pre-payment Certificate to spread the cost of your prescriptions? We issue those. Maybe you’re a member of the NHS Pension Scheme? We administer the scheme on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care. Ever applied for a vacancy on NHS Jobs? That’s one of our services too.
We’re doing exciting things in a complex and challenging landscape so come and join us.
Come and work for us and you’ll receive a benefits package that rewards your hard work and commitment, including a minimum of 27 days annual leave per year which increases with length of service plus Bank Holidays and the option to purchase additional leave, time off for volunteering, flexible working options, a generous Pension Scheme, access to loads of online and high street discounts including holidays, computers, insurance, mobile phones and meals out, and perhaps most importantly – a work/life balance.
Quality & Information Analyst (Band 6)
An exciting opportunity for a Quality Information Support Analyst has become available within the Quality & Information (QI) team within Health & Community Services (H&CS).
This is a permanent role in a fast-paced environment of diverse services.
As part of Health & Community Services (H&CS) the post holder will operate within the Quality & Information Team, primarily supporting H&CS but may be required to support the wider NHSBSA, when required.
The post holder is responsible for extracting, analysing and presenting complex data to internal and external customers, tailoring outputs to the diverse needs of different audiences and providing advice and insight to support business decisions.
The post holder will be expected to deliver analytical products required to support the reporting of management information and insight alongside producing and maintaining the reporting suite that delivers quality information to the services shown above.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be proactive, personally motivated with good organisational skills.
- Be a flexible and committed team player with the ability to use own initiative
- Be Able to work on multiple activities in a changing environment
- Have an in-depth specialist knowledge of information and quality analysis through relevant qualification(s) or acquired through training or relevant on the job experience.
- Have experience in a post involving data collection, validation and analysis
- Be able to critically appraise and interpret complex data and advise on actions based on the comparison of a range of options
- Have the ability to present information to a variety of audiences with varying levels of understanding
- Have experience of advising and supporting business areas to gain more insight and value from data
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a data assessment using Excel and present their findings as part of their remote interview.
Please note this vacancy may close early if sufficient number of applications are received.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Stuart Bowie
- Email address
- Additional information
Mal Ross email@example.com