Work for us
- Administrative Services
- NHS AfC: Band 3
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Bridge House
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £18,813 - £20,795 per annum
- 28/08/2019 23:59
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is the main processing facility and centre of excellence for payment, reimbursement, remuneration and reconciliation for NHS Dental Practitioners, Pharmacists, NHS Pensions and other affiliated parties.
NHSBSA Provider Assurance works on behalf of NHS England to conduct activities that assures the accuracy of contractual data, provides regular monitoring and reporting of performance, and enables the identification and challenge of systematic and behavioural risk.
These activities facilitate action to prevent, deter or recover inappropriate payments from NHS funds and identify quality improvements that can be delivered through education or policy change.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Provider Assurance Casework Support to join the Provider Assurance Team based within Newcastle.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to efficient operation of Provider Assurance (PA) services by performing clerical and administration duties to support the work of the team.
- Gathering/preparing evidence and data files collated from a variety of different sources; storing, transmitting and presenting these data sets appropriately.
- Assisting in the production of reports; maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality and security of documents/information and equipment in accordance with NHSBSA Policy.
- Co-ordinating internal and external meetings and conferences; preparing and circulating agendas and associated papers for meetings – attending to take minutes as required.
- Managing diaries, taking and making telephone calls, photocopying, scanning, printing, organising and managing inward/outward mail – including communication with external courier services.
- Collating and interpreting specialist information obtained in order to understand and respond to enquiries; writing and sending acknowledgements/forming final responses for approval before sending.
- Responds to internal and external calls and actively resolves queries or escalates appropriately, whilst maintaining up to date contact lists for customers/stakeholders of the PA Team.
- Assisting with training and other quality assurance activities as required, including audits.
Provider Assurance is a fast paced, evolving and high profile part of our business and is therefore is subject to performance measures and targets. The nature of the role calls for high levels of accuracy and confidentiality. The team monitors activities to ensure that caseworkers are alerted in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met.
There is an expectation that flexibility will be necessary as well as cover until 4.30pm when required within working hours.
As there are vacancies in both Provider Assurance Pharmacy and Ophthalmic, please indicate at interview stage which roles you are applying for. Please note there will be no presentation or test at interview.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).