Work for us
- Assurance Caseworker
- NHS AfC: Band 4
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Bridge House
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £20,150 - £23,363 per annum
- Today at 23:59
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is the main processing facility and centre of excellence for payment, reimbursement, remuneration and reconciliation for NHS Dental Practitioners, Pharmacists, NHS Pensions and other affiliated parties.
Overseas Healthcare Services (OHS), is a new service to the NHSBSA and is currently being organised into three main service provisions which includes Registrations, Claims, and Cost Recovery.
To support the delivery of Overseas Healthcare Services, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assurance Caseworker to join the OHS Team. The Assurance Caseworker role will be multi-faceted and evolving; however the main aims of the role are as follows:
* Investigate and provide appropriate responses to customer complaints, escalations and any correspondence received from MPs.
* Undertake quality checks; identify errors and trends to provide written and verbal help with staff development. Provide in depth analysis to identify any trends in performance and provide action plans to create improvements. Create documented coaching plans and conducting coaching sessions. Make final decisions on all internal quality checking tasks and act as a liaison between checking teams and management.
* Collate and validate raw data to be used in sponsor and stakeholder reports to the Department of Health and Social Care including information of a specialist nature. Fully document the purpose, scope, action taken and outcome of special projects providing detailed reports on the project and translating this into service improvements. We are looking for enthusiastic, skilled, and motivated Assurance Caseworkers to join the OHS Team which is based in Newcastle. This role will play a key part in the success and on-going development of this service. This is a role which will continue to develop and evolve in accordance with operational changes.
Interested parties should have the following skills and experience:
* Have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with customers, colleagues and stakeholders in a calm, confident and professional manner.
* Make robust decisions based on sound analysis and understanding of data sets.
* Experience of providing feedback to colleagues.
* Be able to deal with sensitive and confidential data.
* Experience of identifying and implementing performance improvements to systems and procedures.
* Be able to deal with change positively in a fast moving environment.
* Have strong team working skills and the ability to work on your own initiative.
There is an expectation that flexibility will be required with working hours.
We offer an attractive total reward package including:
• up to 33 days annual leave;
• flexible working;
• competitive terms and conditions, including access to the NHS Pension Scheme plus
• a range of other benefits to suit your needs.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Barry Moran on 0790071219 for an informal discussion.