Work for us
NHS AfC: Band 5
- Benefits Management
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Stella House
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £28,407 - £34,581 per annum
- 07/06/2023 23:59
As the Strategy, Performance, Business Development and Growth directorate matures and grows within the NHSBSA there is a need to further support our Benefits function with the role of Benefits Analyst. Reporting to the Benefits Lead, the holder of this post has responsibility for providing timely and accurate analysis of portfolio benefits and wider system efficiencies to assist reporting at both directorate, portfolio and NHSBSA Board level. The post holder will work closely with the Benefits Support Manger to support the delivery of benefits workshops and the development of benefits profiles for portfolio projects and programmes.
What do we offer?
- 27 days leave (increasing with length of service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working (we are happy to discuss options such as compressed hours)
- Flexi time
- Hybrid working model (we are currently working largely remotely)
- Career development
- Active wellbeing and inclusion networks
- Excellent pension
- NHS Car lease scheme
- Access to a wide range of benefits and high street discounts!
Main duties of the job
To support the benefits team with robust benefits management enabling the delivery of effective reporting and communication as well as successful stakeholder management ensuring excellent working relationships both internally and externally.
Working for our organisation
At the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) we deliver a range of essential national services to NHS organisations and contractors, patients and the public.
You may already be using some of our services. Do you have a prescription pre-payment certificate? Perhaps you found this vacancy through NHS Jobs? We’re behind these, and much more.
Being one of the UK’s Best Big Companies to work for, our values are to be Collaborative, Adventurous, Reliable and Energetic. We CARE about what we do and support each other in achieving our objectives.
Our people are the heart of our organisation. We strive to ensure they feel trusted, valued and empowered. We’re passionate about nurturing and developing people. When you join us, we want you to grow, and we offer many opportunities for you to do that.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. With wellbeing and inclusion central to our ethos, our BAME, Disability and Neurodiversity, LGBTQ+, Armed Forces and Women’s networks help our colleagues to be their authentic selves at work.
At the NHSBSA we value and respect the diversity of our colleagues and are committed to being a flexible employer. We are proud to offer flexible working opportunities. Whether you’re interested in hybrid working, working from home, flexible hours or job sharing, apply today and we can discuss available options with you at the interview stage.
We are the NHS delivering for the NHS.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
In this role, you are accountable for
- Delivering timely and accurate analysis of portfolio benefits and wider system efficiencies to support monthly and quarterly benefits reporting at both directorate, portfolio and NHSBSA Board level.
- Developing dashboards and reporting tools as required to support benefits modelling and reporting, implementing improvements in reporting, including automation, data analysis, insight and data presentation to meet business needs.
- Maintaining the benefits module of the portfolio management system to ensure that actual benefits are captured and recorded and that forecast positions reflect the latest business case position.
- Assisting the Benefits Support Manager to deliver benefits workshops and develop benefits profiles for projects and programmes.
- Providing analysis and project benefits reporting to support project gateway reviews.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with service analysts, MI analysts and PMD colleagues.
- Positively achieving team and personal objectives in accordance with the SPBDG business planning priorities.
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, data analysis and data quality issues with staff within NHSBSA in relation to the provision of benefits services.
- Working independently and collaborating closely with your team to contribute to overall team performance.
- Assisting the Benefits Support Manager in delivering training and support to colleagues on benefits related matters.
- HNC/HND qualification in a relevant subject with substantial numerate content or equivalent of acquired knowledge/experience.
- Recognised and relevant business analysis or technical / informatics / data visualisation qualification
- Recognised Benefits qualification and/or experience or willing to study towards
Personal Qualities, Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of benefits management methodologies and frameworks.
- Understanding of complex benefits modelling approach.
- Excellent communication skills, building and maintaining relationships across the organisation.
- Personal management skills and able to work as a team
- Ability to prioritise workload where resource / time is limited.
- Ability to assimilate facts quickly.
- Well- developed analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Accurate with attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of NHSBSA services and systems.
- Evidence of continued personal development.
- Knowledge of public sector and commercial benefits models.
- Knowledge and understanding of complex data and information systems.
- Basic data validation, analysis, interpretation and presentation skills.
- Experience of work with MS Office tools (excel, word, powerpoint).
- Experience of creating and maintaining accurate analysis within MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience in developing and maintaining Power BI dashboards and reports.
- Practical experience of utilising available evidence and contributing to benefits profiles to support business case approval.
- Working with / manipulating data sets.
- Experience of using Portfolio and Programme management systems.
- Experience of using MIRO
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Lisa Healey
- Job title
- Benefits Lead
- Email address