Work for us
Senior Business Analyst
NHS AfC: Band 7
- Business Analyst
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Stella House
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £38,890 - £44,503 per annum
- 08/03/2021 23:59
We’re the NHS Business Services Authority. We provide critical central services to NHS organisations, NHS contractors, patients and the public. Have you had a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)? Perhaps you’ve had an Exemption Certificate or have a Pre-payment Certificate to spread the cost of your prescriptions? We issue those. Maybe you’re a member of the NHS Pension Scheme? We administer the scheme on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care. Ever applied for a vacancy on NHS Jobs? That’s one of our services too.
We’re doing exciting things in a complex and challenging landscape so come and join us.
Come and work for us and you’ll receive a benefits package that rewards your hard work and commitment, including a minimum of 27 days annual leave per year which increases with length of service plus Bank Holidays and the option to purchase additional leave, time off for volunteering, flexible working options, a generous Pension Scheme, access to loads of online and high street discounts including holidays, computers, insurance, mobile phones and meals out, and perhaps most importantly – a work/life balance.
We are looking to recruit proactive Senior Business Analysts to support a range of projects within the NHSBSA Portfolio aimed at making savings for the wider NHS.
The successful applicants will be responsible for conducting full business analysis on proposed changes; reporting in detail on the business impact and the development requirements to meet the identified business changes. They will also be responsible for investigating and defining the business processes, systems and services vital to successful implementation of the required business changes.
The post holders will be expected to access the most up to date and advanced analysis practice and apply that practice to the project work.
You will join a team of Business Analysts and will use your experience to help advance the Business Analyst community through sharing of best practice, learning and collaboration.
To be successful in the role you must be able to demonstrate your significant experience in:
• Interpreting and proposing changes across a range of service streams;
• Analysing the impact of new policies, initiatives and business opportunities;
• Reporting in detail on the business impact and the development requirements required to meet the identified business changes;
• Understanding the User experience of services and ensuring this informs service/digital developments;
• Investigating and defining the business processes, systems and services vital to the successful implementation of the required business changes and the delivery of agreed outcomes/value;
• Ability to plan releases to deliver value early;
• Working on projects delivered via waterfall and Agile methodology;
• Being able to contribute to the development of others on the team and helping build team business analysis capability.
Please note if we reach a sufficient number of candidates, the ad may close early.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Adam Cherry
- Job title
- Business Analyst Lead
- Email address