Work for us
- Data Governance
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Stella House
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £37,570 - £43,772 per annum
- Today at 23:59
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is the main processing facility and centre of excellence for payment, reimbursement, remuneration and reconciliation for NHS Dental Practitioners, Pharmacists, NHS Pensions and other affiliated parties.
About the role
The NHSBSA’s strategic ambitions are underpinned by the better use of our data and analytics and such are looking to recruit an experienced Data Governance Specialist to help establish a Data Governance Framework. This will give a great opportunity to the successful candidate to contribute in the shaping and refinement of this important strategic area.
The Data Governance Specialist supports all organisation wide DG activities. Working collaboratively with key stakeholders, focussing on establishing and ensuring adherence to an organisation wide DG framework for data policies, standards and practices, at team and business area level to achieve the required level of consistency and quality to meet overall business needs.
It is essential that you have recent, solid experience of Data Governance across a complex organisation, ideally in the NHS. You will be a pro-active self-starter with strong stakeholder management experience.
Your key skills must include;
- Substantial experience with data and knowledge of key data assets and providers.
- Strong knowledge of Data Governance and its best practices.
- Ability to work with a network of Data Asset Owners and Data Asset Administrators to meet data governance and data quality management requirements.
- Ability to define and track delivery of data ownership and data quality management tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of technical and non-technical business stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate a business issue without resorting to technical language.
- Organisation and time management, specifically working to deadlines with multiple deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Competent in the identification of risks, defining plans to control or remediate risk and continuously measure and reduce risk across data assets.
- Competent in defining, reviewing and challenging data management standards, practices, systems and controls.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Data Governance Lead
Business Development and Stakeholder Lead