Work for us
- Delivery Manager - Digital
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Stella House
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £31,696 to £41,787 per annum
- 04/03/2018 23:59
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is the main processing facility and centre of excellence for payment, reimbursement, remuneration and reconciliation for NHS Dental Practitioners, Pharmacists, NHS Pensions and other affiliated parties.
Be at the forefront of agile delivery
We’re looking for agile Delivery Managers to join the NHSBSA’s Digital Delivery Teams to help us transform how we deliver services to users.
Key to this is:
• making real user needs everyone’s concern and delivering services which meet those needs
• taking an end-to-end view on service experience
• focusing on outcomes not milestones
• making iterative agile delivery at a healthy pace the normal mode of operation
• an emphasis on assisting ‘self-organisation’ above ‘command and control’
• moving to a co-located, cross-functional and collaborative working mode
By joining our team you'll be working alongside some of the most passionate people to make digital services happen. We work in a supportive and positive environment, where continual learning is a real focus.
Help us to transfer how users connect with us
We believe in our services and the impact they have on improving the health of the nation. We’re designing digital services that meet user needs and are quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them every day. Our approach will bring you close to real users who depend on our services and you’ll get the opportunity to shape their future. The work we do really does matter.
Join an organisation that puts professionalism first
The NHSBSA is dedicated to helping our people be their best. We are establishing strong communities and are committed to supporting self-development and learning.
What we're looking for
As an Agile Delivery Manager you will be accountable for the effective, cross-functional delivery of products using agile/lean techniques.
You'll have a good understanding of:
• software development
• business operational process design
• non-digital artefact design, for example, paper forms
• user research and user experience design
• aspects of strategy/policy development
You will apply this to help dynamically organise delivery activities at a detailed level.
You’ll be expected to:
• be the leader of agile / lean techniques within your team
• empower the team to self-organise effectively to optimise their chances of success
• integrate efficiently with other (agile or non-agile) delivery teams
• be accountable for departmental governance
• set a good, sustainable delivery pave
• resolve conflict and encourage collaboration
• apply good agile delivery practice to plan, track progress and manage blockers and resources
• lead on financial management, scope management and stakeholder management
A great work place, local to you
We are based at Stella House just on the outskirts of Newcastle with transport links to the city centre. Our office has been designed with agile delivery in mind – lots of whiteboard space and break out areas.
In addition to a competitive salary of up to £41,787 and being part of a great team, you'll have access to the NHS Pension Scheme, annual leave of at least 27 days with the option to purchase more, flexible working, car and cycle lease schemes and lots more.
For exceptional candidates the maximum salary may be negotiable depending on your skills, experience and ability.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Anna Caine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Susannah Clapcott at email@example.com