Work for us
- ICT Apprentice
- Band 3 Apprenticeship
- 4 Year Degree Apprenticeship
- Full time 37.5 hours per week/30 hours work(7.5 hours university)
- Stella House
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £14,109 per annum pro rata (75% of the bottom of the band)
- 31/07/2019 23:59
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is the main processing facility and centre of excellence for payment, reimbursement, remuneration and reconciliation for NHS Dental Practitioners, Pharmacists, NHS Pensions and other affiliated parties.
Degree Apprenticeship Opportunity
Applications are now open for a Degree Apprenticeship in the world of IT!
Get a degree, earn money and gain real-life experience within the industry you are studying.
“Earn while you learn.”
IT Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship Benefits:
- Starting salary £14,109
- Fully funded degree
- 3-4 year course
- 27 days paid annual leave
- 1 day a week spent in a learning environment off-site
- In demand skills acquired. For example, knowledge of Java/HTML/SQL
Working for the NHS Business Services Authority Benefits:
- Great pension
- NHS discounts
- Social atmosphere
- Colleague and mentor support
- Career progression opportunities; potential higher salary and permanent job
You’ll be working in the IT Function for 80% of your time, in a modern and friendly environment, where everyone is approachable and happy to help. The remaining 20% of your time will be spent with the Training Provider.
Our team will help you realise your potential, sharing their wealth of skills and experience with you. Along with having your degree paid for, you’ll gain from mentor support while in the workplace, providing you with all the guidance you will need to build a successful apprenticeship which could help to secure that all important job once qualified!
Help us to support a better NHS while earning a degree. You could be a part of it; joining us as an apprentice.
It’s an exciting and challenging time here at the NHSBSA, as we help to shape and deliver products and services that enable front line services to deliver better healthcare, underpinned by great technology!
We will support a better NHS, allowing front-line services to deliver better healthcare. You could be a part of it; joining us as an apprentice you will be supporting our goal of reducing unit costs by 50% by 2020, making services more efficient and using new technology.
Who are we?
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is a Special Health Authority and an Arm’s Length Body of the Department of Health. We provide critical central services to NHS organisations, NHS contractors, patients and the public.
Our Services include:
· NHS Prescription Services
· NHS Dental Services
· NHS Pensions
· NHS Protect
· NHS Student Bursaries
· Social Work Bursaries
· Help with Health Costs
· European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
· The management of the NHS Supply Chain
· NHS Jobs
We process over £33bn of payments every year. The NHSBSA IT function develops, supports and operates these services in support of NHSBSA operations.
What do we need from you?
- You will have 5 GCSE levels Grade C (or above), including Maths and English
- You will have (or be expecting) 120 UCAS tariff points (equivalent to three B’s at A level or for example a BTECH Extended Diploma)
- *We can also take into account other qualifications and experience.
- Your commitment to studying towards a degree level qualification for 3-4 years
As a standout candidate, you’ll be professional, proactive, and dedicated. You’ll be great at hitting deadlines and capable of balancing priorities, with the discipline to study in your own time. You will be expected to achieve all of the on-going learning standards set by the Training Provider and the NHSBSA.
Does this sound like you? Great, what’s next?
After applying online, candidates will be invited for an interview. Following that, if you are successful, the Training Provider will take you through their admissions process and you will start your induction, and take up your role within the organisation in September 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
0191 203 5268.