Work for us
NHS AfC: Band 5
- Liaison Officer
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Bridge House
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £28,407 - £34,581 per annum
- 07/06/2023 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Liaison officer to work within the Cost Recovery Team in Overseas Healthcare Services.
Working as part of Overseas Healthcare Services within Citizen Services, the Liaison Officer is an integral part of our process to focus on the promotion, analysis, and support of Cost Recovery for chargeable patients.
What do we offer?
- 27 days leave (increasing with length of service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working (we are happy to discuss options such as compressed hours)
- Flexi time
- Hybrid working model (we are currently working largely remotely)
- Career development
- Active wellbeing and inclusion networks
- Excellent pension
- NHS Car lease scheme
- Access to a wide range of benefits and high street discounts!
Main duties of the job
Acting as an ambassador for Overseas Healthcare Services (OHS), the post holder will be required to travel and work with Overseas Visitor Managers (OVMs) and healthcare organisations to provide training and support throughout the United Kingdom.
The role requires the constant gathering of up to date knowledge regarding legislation, processes and developments to ensure enhanced service delivery.
This is a hybrid role, mostly home based, but you must be able to attend the office in Newcastle and be able to commence travel when appropriate.
If we receive a high volume of applications, we may decide to close the vacancy early.
Working for our organisation
At the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) we deliver a range of essential national services to NHS organisations and contractors, patients and the public. You may already be using some of our services. Do you have a prescription pre-payment certificate? Perhaps you found this vacancy through NHS Jobs? We’re behind these, and much more.
Being one of the UK’s Best Big Companies to work for, our values are to be Collaborative, Adventurous, Reliable and Energetic. We CARE about what we do and support each other in achieving our objectives. Our people are the heart of our organisation. We strive to ensure they feel trusted, valued and empowered. We’re passionate about nurturing and developing people. When you join us, we want you to grow, and we offer many opportunities for you to do that.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. With wellbeing and inclusion central to our ethos, our BAME, Disability and Neurodiversity, LGBTQ+, Armed Forces and Women’s networks help our colleagues to be their authentic selves at work.
At the NHSBSA we value and respect the diversity of our colleagues and are committed to being a flexible employer. We are proud to offer flexible working opportunities. Whether you’re interested in hybrid working, working from home, flexible hours or job sharing, apply today and we can discuss available options with you at the interview stage.
We are the NHS delivering for the NHS.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
In this role, you are accountable for:
- Work closely with colleagues, sharing information and providing support to ensure best practice, most efficient working practices and limiting duplication of work.
- Develop and manage the day-to-day relationships with partner organisations, providing the main point of contact, giving them regular feedback, and keeping them informed of developments.
- Represent the BSA at internal / external conferences, meetings, seminars, and workshops promoting cost recovery. Create training packages and present to a wide audience.
- Travel across the UK to promote identification and reporting of chargeable patients and support healthcare organisations.
- Working closely with the communication team to create and deliver a communications plan.
- Increase participation and engagement levels with Trusts across the UK. Understand the needs of the Trusts and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these.
- Understand and interpreting regulation relating to cost recovery for the EEA and Switzerland and ensure any changes are relayed to OVM’s. Work with Trusts to better identify overseas visitors so they can ensure that they are charging the correctly.
- Support OVM’s with the web portal. The portal is the mechanism that allows OVM’s to submit all costs.
- Liaising with Overseas Visitor Managers, member states, customers, and any relevant internal and external stakeholders to discuss cases and seek conclusions.
- Contributing to the ongoing review and development of our Overseas Healthcare operations, ad hoc audits and other quality assurance activities as required.
- Support the cost recovery team to ensure that all submissions are processed in according with Governance frameworks, policies and procedures ensuring that accurate and auditable records of activities are maintained to ensure accurate recovery of all costs from Member States.
- NVQ 4 or equivalent experience in Marketing / Stakeholder engagement.
- Training qualification
- Understanding of Confidentiality and Data Protection Act.
- Knowledge of NHS issues.
- Accurate with the ability to prioritise own workload and work independently within established parameters.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Flexible and committed team player with the ability to use own initiative.
- Capable of delivering within stringent deadlines.
- Good organisation skills.
- Worked in the NHS or other large organisation.
- Able to identify and act on future needs and opportunities.
Personal Qualities, Knowledge and Skills
- Comprehensive and demonstrable Events Management experience across public or private sectors
- Experience of marketing, promoting and advertising of events
- Excellent communication in all mediums, e.g. oral / written / presentation
- Experience of initiating and developing working relationships
- Comprehensive ability to analyse data and information to identify trends and monitor performance.
- Persistent and proactive approach to achieving goals
- Excellent attention to detail in all areas of work
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Significant experience of events organisation, ideally in a NHS environment
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Job title
- Service Delivery Manager
- Email address