Work for us
Service Delivery Manager
NHS AfC: Band 7
- Service Delivery
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time
- Flexible working
- Compressed hours
- Stella House
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- £41,659 - £47,672 per annum
- 05/06/2023 23:59
If you are a self-starter and have excellent organisational, management and communication skills and are interested in a role that can make a difference, the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) have the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Service Delivery Manager to join our NHS Workforce Recruitment Services team. In this role you will provide clear leadership, be a change champion, and demonstrate flexibility while influencing others to work collaboratively. You will play a key role in creating sustainable improvements in both performance and service delivery for Workforce Recruitment Services.
By joining our team you'll be working alongside some of the most passionate and supportive people who are dedicated to making positive changes to support healthcare related recruitment.
What do we offer?
- 27 days leave (increasing with length of service) and 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working (we’re happy to discuss options such as compressed hours)
- Hybrid working (we are currently working largely remotely)
- Career development
- Wellbeing and inclusion networks
- Excellent pension
- NHS Car lease scheme
- Access to a wide range of benefits and high street discounts
Main duties of the job
- Work with external suppliers and internal departments to ensure performance is delivered against KPI’s
- Take a lead role managing and delivering day to day activities
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills and the ability to influence and persuade others to ensure delivery of objectives and strategy
- Work constructively with colleagues at all levels, internally and externally, Including organisations such as NHS England and Improvement, NHS Digital, NHS Employers and Department of Health and Social Care to ensure NHS Workforce Recruitment Services meets their needs and quickly responds to required changes
- Monitor factors that may impact NHS Workforce recruitment Services by horizon scanning, trend analysis and research
- Be a management sponsor at local or national level groups. Creating and owning the sructure, project brief and framework. Ensuring that best practice is highlighted and shared
- Work with the communications lead to ensure we work towards common goals and by provide information for press releases, newsletter articles and NHS Workforce Recruitment Services in-system latest news articles
- Be aware of policy changes and consider impact of these on NHS Workforce Recruitment Services and work with relevant parties to ensure compliance
- Provide input for long term plans and activities in line with Corporate Business plans and Strategy. Ensuing progress is made and mitigating and corrective actions are implemented, where required
Working for our organisation
At the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) we deliver a range of essential national services to NHS organisations and contractors, patients and the public.
You may already be using some of our services. Do you have a prescription pre-payment certificate? Perhaps you found this vacancy through NHS Jobs? We’re behind these, and much more.
Being one of the UK’s Best Big Companies to work for, our values are to be Collaborative, Adventurous, Reliable and Energetic. We CARE about what we do and support each other in achieving our objectives.
Our people are the heart of our organisation. We strive to ensure they feel trusted, valued and empowered. We’re passionate about nurturing and developing people. When you join us, we want you to grow, and we offer many opportunities for you to do that.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. With wellbeing and inclusion central to our ethos, our BAME, Disability and Neurodiversity, LGBTQ+, Armed Forces and Women’s networks help our colleagues to be their authentic selves at work.
At the NHSBSA we value and respect the diversity of our colleagues and are committed to being a flexible employer. We are proud to offer flexible working opportunities. Whether you’re interested in hybrid working, working from home, flexible hours or job sharing, apply today and we can discuss available options with you at the interview stage.
We are the NHS delivering for the NHS.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Working with colleagues at all levels across NHS Workforce Recruitment Services, NHSBSA colleagues and external suppliers to ensure that all operational and service objectives are delivered on time and within budget. Accountable for making sure KPI’s are achieved; whilst ensuring the service works towards common goals and that NHS Workforce Recruitment Services are effectively delivered.
Provide clear leadership, being able to act as a change catalyst by demonstrating flexibility and agility, influencing others to think and work collaboratively, ensuring any change is introduced at pace in a positive manner playing a key role in creating sustainable improvements in performance and service delivery.
In this role, you are accountable for:
- Supporting and reporting into to the Senior Service Delivery Manager.
- Taking a lead role in managing and delivering day to day activities.
- Working directly with external suppliers and internal departments to ensure performance is delivered against KPI’s as agreed.
- Managing direct reports and ensuring their ongoing wellbeing and training needs are met. Setting clear objectives and carrying out regular ORO reviews in addition to developing and coaching to assist in delivery of business and personal objectives.
- Demonstrating support and guidance to direct reports through the full application of supporting tools and policies in place – HR planning, Absence Management policy etc.
- Delivering operational objectives through performance management of direct reports, internal and external suppliers and process improvement projects.
- Demonstrating clear leadership and management skills and the ability to influence and persuade others and leads teams in the delivery of business objectives and strategy.
- Acting as a management sponsor at local or national level focus groups. Creating and owning the required structure, project brief and framework. Ensuring that best practice is highlighted and shared across the organisation.
- Participating in the procurement process when new technology or changes to systems are required. This may involve assisting with the specification or requirements and research.
- Working with the communications lead to ensure we are working towards common goals and by providing information for press releases, newsletter articles and NHS Workforce Recruitment Services in-system latest news articles.
- Assuming responsibility for recruitment of new team members, when directed to do so.
- Ensuring operational budgets are planned, monitored and adhered to
- Applying knowledge and expertise to support the delivery of NHS Workforce Recruitment Services campaigns and projects in line with strategic direction.
- Working with external stakeholders and having an in-depth knowledge of the potential impact of NHS Workforce Recruitment Services on the wider NHS system.
- Awareness of policy changes and considering the impact of these on NHS Workforce Recruitment Services, working with relevant parties to ensure compliance.
- Providing input for long term plans and activities in line with Corporate Business plans and Strategy. Ensuing progress is made, as per the plan, and instigating mitigating and corrective actions where required.
- Working constructively with colleagues at all levels, internally and externally. Liaising with external organisations such as NHS England and Improvement, NHS Digital, NHS Employers and Department of Health and Social Care to ensure NHS Workforce Recruitment Services meets their needs and quickly responds to any required changes.
- Supporting business continuity and showing a flexible approach to supporting NHS Workforce Recruitment Services, NHSBSA and the wider NHS in response to internal or external factors on a local or national level. Adapting working processes and service requirements in order to achieve common goals.
- Being a catalyst for change and innovation. Act as one of the lead change agents to ensure transitional change is introduced in a positive and constructive manner.
- Monitoring factors that may impact NHS Workforce Recruitment Services by horizon scanning, trend analysis and research.
- Living the values and behaviours that respect individual’s dignity. Treating everyone fairly and valuing and respecting diversity. Demonstrating that such standards are practiced in dealings with all stakeholders of NHS Workforce Recruitment Services.
- Being accountable for your own Personal Development needs in order to be fully equipped to meet future management and organisational needs.
- Deputising as required by the Senior Service Delivery Manager
Personal qualities, knowledge and skills
- Ability to see wider implications, consequences and connections for all issues.
- Able to work to tight deadlines & prioritise tasks
- Understanding of accountability to service users and stakeholders
- Strategic thinking and management
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of recruitment services
- Broad relevant management experience.
- Experience of managing change.
- Experience of managing KPIs
- Experience of service delivery
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of working with external suppliers
- Diploma in Management (or equivalent experience)
- Appropriate relevant management experience.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Nicola Dickinson
- Job title
- Senior Service Delivery Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number