Work for us
- Supply Chain
- NHS AfC: Band 8b
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- £47,092 - £58,217 per annum
- 27/02/2018 23:59
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is the main processing facility and centre of excellence for payment, reimbursement, remuneration and reconciliation for NHS Dental Practitioners, Pharmacists, NHS Pensions and other affiliated parties.
You may already know about the Future Operating Model, which is the design of the future NHS Supply Chain service that will deliver clinically assured, high quality products at the best possible price. The model is based on a series of Category Towers, overseen by a management function called the ICC. Launching in April 2018, the ICC will deliver a world-class procurement and logistics service to purchase and deliver c£4.5bn of products per annum to the NHS.
The ICC will be a public sector organisation with a commercial mindset. It will share and support the aims and values of the NHS and generate cash releasing savings that can be reinvested into front-line services for the benefit of patients, staff and taxpayers.
This is a unique opportunity to join a newly launched procurement ‘Centre of Excellence’ providing the opportunity to make a real difference to the way the NHS procures its services and supplies.
- Category Tower Managers will oversee contract and performance management of one of eleven Category Towers Service Providers across Medical, Capital and Non-Medical.
- Post holders will be responsible for the overall spend of the Category Tower, or sub-set, and the development and delivery of strategy activities to increase market share with customer requirements at the core.
- Collaboration with colleagues across the ICC to develop and deliver a change programme which will move the organisation’s performance and reputation to a new level will be key
- Excellent commercial awareness, a relentless customer focus and the agility and flexibility to flourish in an ambiguous and growing landscape.
- Demonstrable contract /category management experience with strong stakeholder and supplier management skills and the ability to influence at senior level.
- Experience of working in a healthcare / medical environment would be advantageous but is not mandatory. We are open to candidates with both public and private sector experience.
- We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with specific experience of, or an interest in procurement within Cardiology or Orthopaedics product categories.
How to Apply
- To apply for this role you must submit your CV and application to procurementtransformation.org.uk
- Applications are not being accepted via NHS Jobs.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Talent Solutions – email ICC@berwicktalentsolutions.com or call Zinu Kamaly on 0121 654 5934.