Work for us
PCS Processing and Customer Advisor
NHS AfC: Band 3
- Processing and Customer Services
- NHS AfC: Band 3
- Full time
- Home or remote working
- £22,816 - £24,336 pa
- 07/06/2023 23:59
If you are self-motivated, enjoy working in a customer focused environment and can manage a diverse workload, the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) have the opportunity for you! We are looking for several colleagues to join our team of Processing and Customer Advisors on a permanent basis.
If you enjoy working independently and are confident in handling detailed information, you have what this role needs! You will join the Prescription Processing Teams, working to accurately reimburse contractor payments and collate prescribing information.
You will be responsible for interpreting complex prescription forms and processing the details into bespoke systems, following set rules and procedures. A high attention to detail and accuracy is key. The role also requires communicating with our customers and stakeholders via telephone, email or letter.
What do we offer?
- A permanent role (on completion of a 6 month probationary period) working on a variety of different tasks as required
- Working days will be Monday to Friday, with flexible hours available from 7am into the evening. At times there may be a need for you to work specific daytime hours dependant on the task you are assigned to.
- 27 days leave (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays
- NHS pension
- Occasional office attendance may be required so you must live within a reasonable distance from our site in Wakefield.
- Access to a wide range of benefits and high street discounts!
Main duties of the job
As a Processing and Customer Advisor you will be required to flex between a variety of tasks which could include data entry, analysing and interpreting complex data and communicating with our customers and stakeholders via telephone, email or letter.
You will be able to demonstrate these essential skills and knowledge:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable with repetitive work
- Time management and ability to work flexibly to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Computer proficiency and keyboard skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Well organised and discreet
When you apply for the role, you must give examples of where your experience and skills meet the criteria we are looking for by answering the following questions and documenting responses in the supporting information section of the application form.
- Tell us about a time when you have analysed and interpreted complex information from a variety of sources?
- Tell us what experience you have of dealing with customers?
- Tell us what exposure you have had to working flexibly on a variety of tasks and how you manage the workload?
- Tell us about a time when you have followed technical instructions to complete a task?
Working for our organisation
At the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) we deliver a range of essential national services to NHS organisations and contractors, patients, and the public.
You may already be using some of our services. Do you have a prescription pre-payment certificate? Perhaps you found this vacancy through NHS Jobs? We’re behind these, and much more.
Being one of the UK’s Best Big Companies to work for, our values are to be Collaborative, Adventurous, Reliable and Energetic. We CARE about what we do and support each other in achieving our objectives.
Our people are the heart of our organisation. We strive to ensure they feel trusted, valued and empowered. We are passionate about nurturing and developing people. When you join us, we want you to grow, and we offer many opportunities for you to do that.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. With wellbeing and inclusion central to our ethos, our BAME, Disability and Neurodiversity, LGBTQ+, Armed Forces and Women’s networks help our colleagues to be their authentic selves at work.
At the NHSBSA we value and respect the diversity of our colleagues and are committed to being a flexible employer. We are proud to offer flexible working opportunities.
We are the NHS delivering for the NHS.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
In this role you are accountable for:
1. To analyse and interpret a range of complex information across a variety of different services and workstreams. Process appropriate information from relevant documentation and / or information systems.
2. Creating reports that can be presented to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
3. Ability to comprehend and interpret policies and procedures across a range of work areas. Make decisions in line with current NHSBSA, DH&SC, PHE policies and appropriate processing rules.
4. Working on relevant computer system applications, accurately inputting, updating, and amending information, including where appropriate customer details, according to set procedures to ensure that the enquiries are handled appropriately and actioned fully.
5. Using knowledge and guidance make appropriate decisions in line with current policies and regulations.
6. Ability to show genuine empathy, patience and resilience when communicating with our customers to deliver exceptional customer service and come to an agreed resolution.
7. Working to agreed performance and accuracy targets and standards, complying with all regulatory requirements such as Data Protection.
8. Working collaboratively to identify improvement across a range of business functions .
9. Providing a flexible service to all NHSBSA customers with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
10. Manages own workload and operates all services in line with Service Level Agreements, internal agreements and policies, technical instructions, and procedures and within agreed time scales.
11. Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, upholding and demonstrating the values and behaviours of the NHSBSA.
12. Phone contact and email support required with stakeholders, internal and external customers, and clients. Face to face and virtual meetings may be required.
13. Identify and communicate any non-routine technical or system issues to appropriate people.
14. Where required, may be requested to train, coach and mentor new or established staff to the duties of the role.
15. Where required, process quality standard sampling checks and provide feedback to managers and colleagues.
16. Participate in, and contribute to, the ORO+ process. Take ownership and responsibility for your personal development.
17. Demonstrate an appreciation of Quality by complying with all Quality Systems, identifying, and recommending opportunities to improve working practices.
18. Responsible for the security of documents, information and equipment under their control and undertakes all duties in line with GDPR regulations.
- 3 GCSE's Grade C or above - Maths and English (or equivalent experience)
- NVQ level 3
Personal Qualities, Knowledge & Skills
- Good Standard of PC & keyboard skills. Ability to use IT programmes confidently
- Experience of data entry or processing. Ability to work quickly and accurately with an eye for detail.
- Able to deliver excellent service whilst meeting deadlines and targets. Proven time and self-management skills
- Ability to negotiate and resolve queries effectively. Ability to remain calm when dealing with emotional, difficult, or dissatisfied customers.
- Flexible approach to work and able to manage a diverse workload. Adaptable, with proven ability to respond to and switch between a wide variety of queries effectively.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- 1. Positive attitude and self-motivated. Evidence of ability to work using own initiative.
- 2. Discreet and sympathetic with a calm and confident manner.
- 3. Committed to contributing effectively to team working. Reliable and committed.
- 4. Resilient.
- Experience of working in a quality-controlled environment following detailed policies and procedures
- Experience of dealing with internal and external customers on the telephone and in written communication
- Experience of understanding and following detailed technical instructions
- Experience of working in a customer service focussed environment
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rebecca Howse
- Job title
- Team Manager
- Email address
- Additional information